Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Default Gloat

At a yard sale yesterday:

#1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the
plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had ever been
sharpened. Total of 19 different tools. 2 unopened MT2 pen mandrel sets, 2 pen drilling jigs, one
pen assembly press, a box of assorted pen blanks, a pair of pen blank trimming tools, a dozen pen
kits, 2 new bottles of Hut polish, Hut wax sticks, two new long push pads for a jointer, centering
marker, tool bag, and a box of miscellaneous mandrels, spare bushings, replacement cutters for the
pen trimming tools, pen assembly tools, etc. Price $125,

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff
from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the paint on the tool rest.
Price $150.

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The
owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse
and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini
lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

Regards,
Roy