Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Whie O rings

No answer yet to my question re a source of white O rings. Maybe because
it was considered hijacking. If so, I'll apologize and ask in a separate
thread. Anyone know of a source of light colored O rings
Maybe for medical or scientific instruments.

BTW, I've heard that fluorocarbon rings can produce carcinogens when
heated. Unlikely, but are there any known risks from contact with wine,
vinegar, etc?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In message , Arch
writes
No answer yet to my question re a source of white O rings. Maybe because
it was considered hijacking. If so, I'll apologize and ask in a separate
thread. Anyone know of a source of light colored O rings
Maybe for medical or scientific instruments.

BTW, I've heard that fluorocarbon rings can produce carcinogens when
heated. Unlikely, but are there any known risks from contact with wine,
vinegar, etc?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

I know you can get white and ivory orings, as i have seen them used on
pressure connectors of a similar size to the stoppers, but unfortunately
cant cite a source. The ones i saw were in avionics, but you can get
just about any size you want in various colors, maybe a Hydraulic or
Pneumatic or even Bearing stockist,

--
John
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hey Arch!

I don't have a specific source, but I was really surprised when I
Googled 'silicone o rings'.

Here's a link. I didn't cite a source as some of these guys are
selling a few at a time, and some selling large quantity only. Some
are food grade, some are temp graded, etc.

http://tinyurl.com/5v2hkt

So whatcha makin' ?

Robert
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Robert, Thanks. Just messin' outside the box as usual. For
stoppering, cork has its problems and to me, steel seems cold and
'inorganic' for a nice bottle of wine. I thought to turn the entire
stopper from wood, finish the 'cork part' with something foodsafe, shiny
and resistant, but not metallic with black O rings.

Thousands will differ, so?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

try any of the following

MSC
Graingers
orings.com
http://www.afmusa.com/?gclid=CLeakt3VnJMCFRgziQodhBmfyw
www.applerubber.com
www.oringswest.com
www.marcorubber.com/oring_guide_old.htm

\
"Arch" wrote in message
No answer yet to my question re a source of white O rings. Maybe because
it was considered hijacking. If so, I'll apologize and ask in a separate
thread. Anyone know of a source of light colored O rings
Maybe for medical or scientific instruments.

BTW, I've heard that fluorocarbon rings can produce carcinogens when
heated. Unlikely, but are there any known risks from contact with wine,
vinegar, etc?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On May 10, 8:48*am, (Arch) wrote:
No answer yet to my question re a source of white O rings. Maybe because
it was considered hijacking. If so, I'll apologize and ask in a separate
thread. Anyone know of a source of light colored O rings
Maybe formedicalor scientific instruments.

BTW, I've heard that fluorocarbon rings can produce carcinogens when
heated. *Unlikely, but are there any known risks from contact with wine,
vinegar, etc?

Turn to Safety, *Arch * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Fortiter

A good source of biologically inert o-rings is

http://www.class-vi-o-rings.com

The rings sold there are of a material that has gone through a careful
testing process to assure that the materials do not have dangerous
properties and that they material doesn't release harmful chemicals
when heated or used in contact with a variety of solvent materials.

Who wanted O rings? George UK diy 4 October 16th 07 06:33 AM
Where can I get 1.5mm O-Rings? [email protected] UK diy 7 October 11th 07 07:51 PM
Three Rings [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 9th 07 10:43 AM
360 rings Steve B Metalworking 8 April 20th 06 04:06 AM
Two different rings in the same room Lee UK diy 6 February 5th 04 04:46 PM