Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I get 1.5mm O-Rings?

I need to find a 16mm (Internal Diameter) x1.5mm O-ring. I hoped it
would be easy to find..

All of the 'sets' contain mainly 2mm+ O-rings.. I have tried a
Pneumatics supplier and they just have a 'set'.. The same is true of
the Automotive spares dealers I have tried.

I have found a good on-line supplier, and they do a 16.1x1.6mm too
(which I am interested to try as it may give me a better seal), but
their miniumum order is £10...

So does anyone know where I can get this kind of O-ring? Better still,
does anyone know which industry would use them.. Perhaps if I knew
what sort of people used this size (i.e Pumps, Hydraulics, etc), I
might be able to blag a few..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...
I need to find a 16mm (Internal Diameter) x1.5mm O-ring. I hoped it
would be easy to find..

All of the 'sets' contain mainly 2mm+ O-rings.. I have tried a
Pneumatics supplier and they just have a 'set'.. The same is true of
the Automotive spares dealers I have tried.

I have found a good on-line supplier, and they do a 16.1x1.6mm too
(which I am interested to try as it may give me a better seal), but
their miniumum order is £10...

So does anyone know where I can get this kind of O-ring? Better still,
does anyone know which industry would use them.. Perhaps if I knew
what sort of people used this size (i.e Pumps, Hydraulics, etc), I
might be able to blag a few..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Jon

Dear Jon

O rings are very good at what they do but a pain in the butt to size.

By the time you have sub-divided metric/ imperial - the materials you are
trying to seal against and the hardness required there are a bewildering
array of possibilities, normally only a few of which are available off the
shelf.

When I was involved in the game, the main manufacturer was Eriks Allied
Polymer (EAP) - the people who provided the size books.

The stockists we used were Rhondama at Loughborough (Leicestershire).

You are unlikely to obtain the precise size you require locally, unless they
are spares for a specific item.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You are unlikely to obtain the precise size you require locally, unless they
are spares for a specific item.

To be honest, as long as its 1.5mm, There are quite a few sizes I
could use...

The actual slot in the 'part' is 18.5mm, so I am guessing that I could
probably get away with a 16, 17 or 18mm O-ring.. But its the 1.5mm bit
that I am having problems finding.

I just don't know what sort of industry use 'thin' O-Rings like this!!

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 4:44 pm, wrote:
You are unlikely to obtain the precise size you require locally, unless they
are spares for a specific item.

To be honest, as long as its 1.5mm, There are quite a few sizes I
could use...

The actual slot in the 'part' is 18.5mm, so I am guessing that I could
probably get away with a 16, 17 or 18mm O-ring.. But its the 1.5mm bit
that I am having problems finding.

I just don't know what sort of industry use 'thin' O-Rings like this!!

Jon

Try a local Diving Shop!! sounds like one out of a Poseidon Jetstream
or Apeks might fit. Where are you based?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Oct, 17:23, Rumble wrote:
wrote:
I need to find a 16mm (Internal Diameter) x1.5mm O-ring. I hoped it
would be easy to find..

All of the 'sets' contain mainly 2mm+ O-rings.. I have tried a
Pneumatics supplier and they just have a 'set'.. The same is true of
the Automotive spares dealers I have tried.

I have found a good on-line supplier, and they do a 16.1x1.6mm too
(which I am interested to try as it may give me a better seal), but
their miniumum order is £10...

So does anyone know where I can get this kind of O-ring? Better still,
does anyone know which industry would use them.. Perhaps if I knew
what sort of people used this size (i.e Pumps, Hydraulics, etc), I
might be able to blag a few..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Jon

Found this company this afternoon. I haven't used them.

http://www.wykodirect.co.uk/http://w...ring_dload.asp

The PDF download (second link above)is everthing you wanted to know
about O-rings (and a whole lot more) but were too afraid to ask.

HTH- Hide quoted text -

Wyko`s the one to go to.No minimum charge either.

Three Rings [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 9th 07 10:43 AM
360 rings Steve B Metalworking 8 April 20th 06 04:06 AM
Dancing Rings charlie b Woodturning 3 August 11th 05 09:20 AM
O-rings: different kinds Grandpa Munster Metalworking 9 May 31st 05 11:59 PM
Two different rings in the same room Lee UK diy 6 February 5th 04 04:46 PM