Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Belts for Craftsman/Palmgren 15" lathe

I like my Craftsman 15" but have found some difficulty with the drive belts,
they wear quickly and Sears wants about C$50 for them. Way too much for a
small belt. These are of course a proprietary size and no one else makes
them. One of the manufacturers used to make a slightly larger one so it
could be used, but they no longer do so. So I had some made for me a the
Belt Store of Lafayette. Including shipping I got them for under $US80 with
about two and a half weeks for make up and delivery to Nova Scotia. Very
nice. I put one on and it is great. No affiliation except satisfaction but I
thought folks might like to know. They will make up any belt you want. The
Craftsman uses a 207 3gt x 20mm.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I was going to ask if the exchange rate had made an enormous move without my
notice. Okay, 6 for us$80 is cheaper than 1 for C$50.

BTW, we bought our first dog in Nova Scotia; they are available in the US
now.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Toller wrote:
Not Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers. There are no other dogs.

Well, maybe. It all depends on the seasoning...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb