Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Belts for Craftsman/Palmgren 15" lathe

Oops! Sorry about that. I meant to say that I got six belts for the $80.00.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
I like my Craftsman 15" but have found some difficulty with the drive
belts, they wear quickly and Sears wants about C$50 for them. Way too much
for a small belt. These are of course a proprietary size and no one else
makes them. One of the manufacturers used to make a slightly larger one so
it could be used, but they no longer do so. So I had some made for me a the
Belt Store of Lafayette. Including shipping I got them for under $US80 with
about two and a half weeks for make up and delivery to Nova Scotia. Very
nice. I put one on and it is great. No affiliation except satisfaction but
I thought folks might like to know. They will make up any belt you want.
The Craftsman uses a 207 3gt x 20mm.