Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Belts for Craftsman/Palmgren 15" lathe

Nice Dog!

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Toller" wrote in message
Not Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers. There are no other dogs.

"llilly" wrote in message
OH MY your an old fellow. Dogs have been available in the US fo some
thime now;-)

"Toller" wrote in message
I was going to ask if the exchange rate had made an enormous move without
my notice. Okay, 6 for us$80 is cheaper than 1 for C$50.

BTW, we bought our first dog in Nova Scotia; they are available in the
US now.

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Oops! Sorry about that. I meant to say that I got six belts for the
$80.00.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS
http://aroundthewoods.com
http://roundopinions.blogspot.com

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
I like my Craftsman 15" but have found some difficulty with the drive
belts, they wear quickly and Sears wants about C$50 for them. Way too
much for a small belt. These are of course a proprietary size and no
one else makes them. One of the manufacturers used to make a slightly
larger one so it could be used, but they no longer do so. So I had some
made for me a the Belt Store of Lafayette. Including shipping I got
them for under $US80 with about two and a half weeks for make up and
delivery to Nova Scotia. Very nice. I put one on and it is great. No
affiliation except satisfaction but I thought folks might like to know.
They will make up any belt you want. The Craftsman uses a 207 3gt x
20mm.