Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Woodturning Supplies

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Aug 28, 10:23 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Woodcraft have closed. They had a great selection, but alaw - it's gone.
There are some turning blanks (bowl, pen, etc.) at
Curtis Lumber - Ballston Spahttp://www.curtislumber.com/locations.asp

What are you looking for exactly?

The local Adirondack Woodturning Association meets across the street
on the first Wednesday of the month.

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

So basically, hand tools.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

He Mike you're in luck, Busy Bee has the 2X6 diamond plates on sale
right now for $8.99.
Here's a link if you like to take a peek.
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...8&NTITEM=B2593

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Here's a link if you like to take a peek.http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...829071537968&N...

"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Woodcraft have closed. They had a great selection, but alaw - it's gone.
There are some turning blanks (bowl, pen, etc.) at
Curtis Lumber - Ballston Spahttp://www.curtislumber.com/locations.asp

What are you looking for exactly?

The local Adirondack Woodturning Association meets across the street
on the first Wednesday of the month.

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

So basically, hand tools.- Hide quoted text -

The ones from Busy Bee I already have. They don't work for small
skews. The holes are too big. What I am looking for is a solid piece
of steel, the same thickness and rough size of a credit card.

Thanks anyway.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Aug 29, 12:12 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

Harbor Freight (In Colonie, on Central Ave) has similar items

92867-0VGA Diamond Life 4-SIDED DIAMOND HONE $15
36799-7VGA Diamond Life 3 PC. 2'' x 6'' DIAMOND HONE BLOCKS - $15

And something that is new to me:

96218-1VGA Diamond Life 200 GRIT DIAMOND SANDING PAD $10.99
They also have 400, 1500, and 3000 grit

Harbor freight has the cheap HSS chisel set.

Thanks. I'll pay Harbor Freight a visit.

DC supplies cc Woodworking 3 February 10th 07 03:33 AM
Lamp supplies jez UK diy 2 April 24th 05 09:46 AM
PWM power supplies!! Rono Electronics Repair 2 March 20th 05 10:29 PM
BUY THOS SUPPLIES masatosan Metalworking 1 February 19th 05 12:15 PM
ERM supplies? Rex B Metalworking 11 February 9th 05 05:34 AM