Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike R. Courteau Mike R. Courteau is offline

Default Woodturning Supplies

On Aug 29, 12:12 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

Harbor Freight (In Colonie, on Central Ave) has similar items

92867-0VGA Diamond Life 4-SIDED DIAMOND HONE $15
36799-7VGA Diamond Life 3 PC. 2'' x 6'' DIAMOND HONE BLOCKS - $15

And something that is new to me:

96218-1VGA Diamond Life 200 GRIT DIAMOND SANDING PAD $10.99
They also have 400, 1500, and 3000 grit

Harbor freight has the cheap HSS chisel set.

Thanks. I'll pay Harbor Freight a visit.