DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Woodturning Supplies (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/212570-woodturning-supplies.html)

Mike R. Courteau August 29th 07 01:02 AM

Woodturning Supplies

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Thanks

Mike R. Courteau August 29th 07 03:03 PM

Woodturning Supplies

On Aug 28, 10:23 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Woodcraft have closed. They had a great selection, but alaw - it's gone.
There are some turning blanks (bowl, pen, etc.) at
Curtis Lumber - Ballston Spahttp://www.curtislumber.com/locations.asp

What are you looking for exactly?

The local Adirondack Woodturning Association meets across the street
on the first Wednesday of the month.

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

So basically, hand tools.

[email protected] August 30th 07 02:38 AM

Woodturning Supplies

He Mike you're in luck, Busy Bee has the 2X6 diamond plates on sale
right now for $8.99.
Here's a link if you like to take a peek.
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...8&NTITEM=B2593

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Mike R. Courteau August 31st 07 12:14 AM

Woodturning Supplies

Here's a link if you like to take a peek.http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...829071537968&N...

"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

I may have to go through Albany NY in the next couple of days and I
was wondering if there is a store there that carries PSI or Craft
Supplies products.

Woodcraft have closed. They had a great selection, but alaw - it's gone.
There are some turning blanks (bowl, pen, etc.) at
Curtis Lumber - Ballston Spahttp://www.curtislumber.com/locations.asp

What are you looking for exactly?

The local Adirondack Woodturning Association meets across the street
on the first Wednesday of the month.

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

So basically, hand tools.- Hide quoted text -

The ones from Busy Bee I already have. They don't work for small
skews. The holes are too big. What I am looking for is a solid piece
of steel, the same thickness and rough size of a credit card.

Thanks anyway.

Mike R. Courteau August 31st 07 12:18 AM

Woodturning Supplies

On Aug 29, 12:12 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Mike R. Courteau" writes:

Specifically, I am looking for one of those diamond sharpening
plates(?) he size of a credit card. They sell for about $15 but I
can't find one up here. Anything else related to turning, tools,
chisels, etc would be nice, but not wood. That I have enough of for a
while. Plus, I don't even know if they would let me cross the border
with blanks.

Harbor Freight (In Colonie, on Central Ave) has similar items

92867-0VGA Diamond Life 4-SIDED DIAMOND HONE $15
36799-7VGA Diamond Life 3 PC. 2'' x 6'' DIAMOND HONE BLOCKS - $15

And something that is new to me:

96218-1VGA Diamond Life 200 GRIT DIAMOND SANDING PAD $10.99
They also have 400, 1500, and 3000 grit

Harbor freight has the cheap HSS chisel set.

Thanks. I'll pay Harbor Freight a visit.