Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default I Finally Did It!

Hello to the group,

Well after more than ten years, I finally got a website up! :-) Please point
your browser to www.woodturningvideosplus.com and check it out. The site
will have lots of free articles and information, as more than 100 articles
are initially planned for inclusion in the site - as soon as we can get them
formatted and uploaded. :-0 There are several articles up now, including
popular articles like boiling, and bandsaw blade resharpening with lots more
coming. The website will also offer my latest research and testing results,
something woodturners have been asking me to provide for years. Now that we
have a site, it will be easy to maintain the reference database on the
website.

After the initial 100 articles are loaded, there are 200 more planned to be
added. We are also looking into adding streaming video the the site, so you
can read an article and click on the video links to further investigate the
specific topics. For example, if you're reading an article on sharpening and
you want to see how to make an Irish grind, you will be able to click on the
link embedded in the article and see it in streaming video.

We're having trouble optimising some of the pictures for the articles as
many of them were shot at very high resolution. When we have tried to
optimise these high-res images, they don't look too good. Anybody a web
photo Guru? I may have to re-shoot some of them, or get a better optimiser
program. The articles on the site now are mostly sans photo, but the photos
will be added ASAP when we can figure the optimisation protocols out.

BTW, you can now purchase my videos and ebooks online and we offer a secure
server to protect your credit card information. Please let me know what you
think about the site and feel free to offer any suggestions for improvement.
We want to make the site a valuable resource for woodturners around the
world, so watch out for the big plans we have coming! Thanks and all the
best to you and yours!
--

Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: www.woodturningvideosplus.com

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment