Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Russell Steve Russell is offline

Default I Finally Did It!

Hello Darrell,

Thanks for the tip... I guess one of my questions is this: Is it better to
take a 8MP picture that you then optimise for the web, or start out with a
lower resolution like 2MP and then reduce it down to a smaller size for web
viewing?

I have lots of high-res images and when they are optimised, they don't turn
out as good as lower resolution shots that are optimised. Any ideas? I may
have to reshoot everything, or become a web photo guru... :-0 Thanks and all
the best to you and yours!

On 11/11/06 8:39 PM, in article 2Qv5h.1359$C94.407@edtnps82, "Darrell
Feltmate" wrote:

Steve
I find Irfanview to be excellent in reducing pictures for the web. Say a
5Mpixel down to 800x600 or even thumbnail size. It is available as freeware
and an excellent program. It will work on one photo or batches at a time. I
find it is better on the web to hold thumbnails as separate pix than the
full size and not bother with the "width" and "height" stipulations in the
img coding (HTML). http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: www.woodturningvideosplus.com

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment