Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates

for those who are new to this - you can get welded faceplates from me at the
web address below - I started making these because I didn't like the prices
of store bought ones so I made a bunch for myself - then others got
interested too.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:47:56 -0700, "William Noble" wrote:

for those who are new to this - you can get welded faceplates from me at the
web address below - I started making these because I didn't like the prices
of store bought ones so I made a bunch for myself - then others got
interested too.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Bill... folks CAN buy cheap stuff online, but you produce good stuff
inexpensively... A huge difference IMO...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yes Mac, there is a huge difference between cheap low quality and low
cost good quality, isn't there.
If I wasn't able to do the welding and machining myself, those would be
the faceplates I would be purchasing, they will last a lifetime, and
you can get several for the price of one fancy one.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:47:56 -0700, "William Noble" wrote:

for those who are new to this - you can get welded faceplates from me at the
web address below - I started making these because I didn't like the prices
of store bought ones so I made a bunch for myself - then others got
interested too.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Bill... folks CAN buy cheap stuff online, but you produce good stuff
inexpensively... A huge difference IMO...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 18 Sep 2006 12:29:28 -0700, "
wrote:

Yes Mac, there is a huge difference between cheap low quality and low
cost good quality, isn't there.
If I wasn't able to do the welding and machining myself, those would be
the faceplates I would be purchasing, they will last a lifetime, and
you can get several for the price of one fancy one.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Exactly.... and having dealt with bill in the past, I know him to be honest and
helpful..

BTW: on our trip to Baja last weekend, I found out that a friend that I've
helped a few times down there is set up to weld!
Something about "both gas and wire"???

Should make projects like that steady rest(s) a lot easier...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Faceplates - blatant advertizement william_b_noble Woodturning 0 October 15th 04 05:49 AM
Cheap way of reducing dust in loft David W.E. Roberts UK diy 16 July 17th 04 10:04 PM
Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
A new low in cheap tools? Mickey Feldman Metalworking 35 February 15th 04 03:37 AM
Is £25 cheap for a IR thermometer? Kalico UK diy 11 January 26th 04 06:41 AM