Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates

On 18 Sep 2006 12:29:28 -0700, "
wrote:

Yes Mac, there is a huge difference between cheap low quality and low
cost good quality, isn't there.
If I wasn't able to do the welding and machining myself, those would be
the faceplates I would be purchasing, they will last a lifetime, and
you can get several for the price of one fancy one.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Exactly.... and having dealt with bill in the past, I know him to be honest and
helpful..

BTW: on our trip to Baja last weekend, I found out that a friend that I've
helped a few times down there is set up to weld!
Something about "both gas and wire"???

Should make projects like that steady rest(s) a lot easier...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis