DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/176247-occasioal-reminder-cheap-faceplates.html)

William Noble September 17th 06 08:47 PM

occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates

for those who are new to this - you can get welded faceplates from me at the
web address below - I started making these because I didn't like the prices
of store bought ones so I made a bunch for myself - then others got
interested too.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

mac davis September 18th 06 06:22 PM

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:47:56 -0700, "William Noble" wrote:

for those who are new to this - you can get welded faceplates from me at the
web address below - I started making these because I didn't like the prices
of store bought ones so I made a bunch for myself - then others got
interested too.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Bill... folks CAN buy cheap stuff online, but you produce good stuff
inexpensively... A huge difference IMO...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

[email protected] September 18th 06 08:29 PM

occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates

Yes Mac, there is a huge difference between cheap low quality and low
cost good quality, isn't there.
If I wasn't able to do the welding and machining myself, those would be
the faceplates I would be purchasing, they will last a lifetime, and
you can get several for the price of one fancy one.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis September 19th 06 03:34 PM

occasioal reminder - cheap faceplates

On 18 Sep 2006 12:29:28 -0700, "
wrote:

Yes Mac, there is a huge difference between cheap low quality and low
cost good quality, isn't there.
If I wasn't able to do the welding and machining myself, those would be
the faceplates I would be purchasing, they will last a lifetime, and
you can get several for the price of one fancy one.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Exactly.... and having dealt with bill in the past, I know him to be honest and
helpful..

BTW: on our trip to Baja last weekend, I found out that a friend that I've
helped a few times down there is set up to weld!
Something about "both gas and wire"???

Should make projects like that steady rest(s) a lot easier...