Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default making maple plywood from veneer, using plastic resin glue...blanksto turn step pulleys

I want to turn a few (typical drill-press sized) v-belt step pulleys*,
and want to make the plywood it's turned from. I'm considering using
'garden variety' maple veneer and plastic resin glue, but I'm wide "open
for better ideas" and especially for ideas on where I might obtain such
material (already made) at very low cost? are wooden airplane propellers
made this way? I was gonna glue it up with every 2nd layer rotated 90
degrees...

*um, and yeah, I still gotta figure out the "how to make sure it fits
the shaft -very- well and is keyed TO it" part...but we can cross that
bridge later, or -now-, if you've got a idea on that too :-)

thanks very much, guys,

toolie

Grass will not grow Steve K Home Repair 31 May 20th 06 12:45 AM
Plastic Resin Glue Ajax Woodworking 8 February 28th 06 12:48 AM
Solid wood, veneer over mdf or plywood Rich Zellmer Woodworking 3 January 6th 04 02:28 PM