Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default making maple plywood from veneer, using plastic resinglue...bl...

Dave, Many marine fittings, including blocks & shives were made of a
resin impregnated fiber. It may not be feasible and I don't remember the
trade name, machinability, cost or availability of bars of it. Maybe
someone will chime in pro or con? FWIW, I have an old lathe with a
solid wood pulley with 'V' grooves. I think it was pinned on the shaft.

Peter, I imagine that you have already checked with Delta re OEM
pulleys and found them either too expensive or not available. I think
there are several other suppliers of older Rockwell-Delta parts. If you
can't find a match, perhaps you could replace both pulleys. They all
seem pricey to me, but you might check out the machining forums on the
net (there is a Delta group) and the hobby machinist magazines. HTDH
(hope this doesn't hurt)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter