Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Canchippy Canchippy is offline

Default making maple plywood from veneer, using plastic resin glue...blanks to turn step pulleys

wrote:

Why not turn a solid hardwood step pulley.

Well I would be worried about it going out of round with changes in
humidity. Even the die cast white metal ones tend to distort with heat
and usage. I solved a lot of noise/vibration problems by replacing die
cast with machined cast iron pulleys on all of my machinery.
Unfortunately the headstock pulley on my old Delta is a unique 1 off so
it will have to be a custom made replacement.
But I'm curious, is your shop climate controlled?