Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John

Default Corn cobs

Do any of you pen turners on here know the process for stabilizing corn cobs
to make pen blanks?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Richard Stapley

John there was an article on this in the Fall 2005 Issue of Woodturning
Design, seems the Guy just uses Superglue.

RVS
http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

"John" wrote in message
Do any of you pen turners on here know the process for stabilizing corn

cobs
to make pen blanks?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John

Thanks richard I will check that out.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:13:53 GMT, "John" wrote:

Do any of you pen turners on here know the process for stabilizing corn cobs
to make pen blanks?

rule #1:
Don't collect them within 50 feet of an outhouse, they've already been
"stabilized"...

Mac
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John

As luck would have it I do not have that issue!
Oh well!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b

mac davis wrote:

rule #1:
Don't collect them within 50 feet of an outhouse, they've already been
"stabilized"...

While on the topic. Has anyone tried to
turn toilet "tissues" (unused of course)?

Yet another example of "I do it because I can!".

charlle b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brian C

Here's a link to the full description of making a corn cob pen.

http://www.penturners.org/content/CornCobPen.pdf

Sounds like fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John