DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Corn cobs (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/143877-corn-cobs.html)

John February 8th 06 01:13 PM

Corn cobs

Do any of you pen turners on here know the process for stabilizing corn cobs
to make pen blanks?

Richard Stapley February 8th 06 02:24 PM

Corn cobs

John there was an article on this in the Fall 2005 Issue of Woodturning
Design, seems the Guy just uses Superglue.

RVS
http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

John February 8th 06 04:22 PM

Corn cobs

Thanks richard I will check that out.

mac davis February 8th 06 04:29 PM

Corn cobs

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:13:53 GMT, "John" wrote:

Do any of you pen turners on here know the process for stabilizing corn cobs
to make pen blanks?

rule #1:
Don't collect them within 50 feet of an outhouse, they've already been
"stabilized"...

Mac

John February 8th 06 04:32 PM

Corn cobs

As luck would have it I do not have that issue!
Oh well!

charlie b February 8th 06 08:51 PM

Corn cobs

mac davis wrote:

rule #1:
Don't collect them within 50 feet of an outhouse, they've already been
"stabilized"...

While on the topic. Has anyone tried to
turn toilet "tissues" (unused of course)?

Yet another example of "I do it because I can!".

charlle b

Brian C February 9th 06 12:38 AM

Corn cobs

Here's a link to the full description of making a corn cob pen.

http://www.penturners.org/content/CornCobPen.pdf

Sounds like fun.

John February 9th 06 02:32 AM

Corn cobs