Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

Default Lazy Susan Web Page

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml
--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't have
any lazy Susans around here.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
DJ Delorie

Question: it looks like you're using a small heavy duty bearing. Why
not one of the larger light duty bearings? They have a circular
outside shape, usually a thinner profile, and, in my experience, turn
easier and smoother than the heavy duty ones.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

I had to call it a "Lazy Susan," my wife would not let me call it a "lazy
Mary" and your wife is too far away to hit me :-)

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
M.J.

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph

M.J. wrote:
"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

LP's??, 45's?? What are they? Showing our age are we?
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

This is a very smooth running bearing and I had a couple on hand. I tend to
use what I have rather than buying more before the need arises.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

"George" George@least wrote:

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy
Susan turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that
allows for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We
don't have any lazy Susans around here.

Yeah, we don't call them that around here either!
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:35:52 GMT, Ralph wrote:

M.J. wrote:
"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

LP's??, 45's?? What are they? Showing our age are we?

Ralph.. As my kids said, they're "hell-a big CD's".. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing