Ozoned

Default I need a swivel or bearing for a lazy susan style turnta

Anonymouswrote:
I can't find anything to solve my problem because I obviously don't
know how to
explain my problem.
I want the be able to spin by hand a heavy 24" round turntable on

top of my
workbench using centrifugal force. Like the wheel on a car but

horizontal.

I was going to make it out of 4 inches of MDF but I can't find a

bearing or
swivel or anything that will allow this top spin horizontally.
Lazy susans are strong and stable but don't allow a friction free

spin.

I'm sure what I need is out there but I have no idea what it is, or

what it's
called.

There are all sorts of bearing to spin stuff vertically, isn't there

one I can
attach to this table that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

One of these
in your desired rating and a little modification and there you go.

Derrick

You can use a router with circle cutter jig and a round nose bit to cut a
rounded bottom circular channel in the top and bottom MDF. Fill channel
with marbles. I had made one of these using 3/4" plywood approx. 30"
diameter with channel at 24". Can't see why MDF wouldn't work for you.
Don't remember MDF being available when I made that top 20 years ago This
was a TV rotator. (I use for about 8 years never a problem and very little
force needed to turn about 100 lbs. (you could even get the marbles at a $1
store.) This whole project should do the trick and its pretty cheap too.
Good luck.

"Ozoned" wrote in message
news:93d6c$4259c218$455da0d2$11221@allthenewsgroup s.com...