Niranjan Rao

Default Trouble with lazy susan

A large pot has some how managed to slip from bottom shelf of the lazy
susan. Now I can not open the doors at all. Looking ideas to get it working
again.

Lazy susan is sitting in a corner. On side, I have dishwasher and other side
it's sink. If it helps, the lazy susan model was installed around 8-9 months
back. The pot in question is bit heavy but I managed to lift it up with
small curtain rods- only thing I can push under the available gap, to no
avail. Doors do not budge despite of everything I tried.

Is there any way I can just disconnect the doors or release the springs I
see so that I can open it again.

If this is not the proper group, please point me to proper group where I can
ask this question.

Thanks for the help,

- Niranjan

Norminn

Niranjan Rao wrote:
A large pot has some how managed to slip from bottom shelf of the lazy
susan. Now I can not open the doors at all. Looking ideas to get it working
again.

Lazy susan is sitting in a corner. On side, I have dishwasher and other side
it's sink. If it helps, the lazy susan model was installed around 8-9 months
back. The pot in question is bit heavy but I managed to lift it up with
small curtain rods- only thing I can push under the available gap, to no
avail. Doors do not budge despite of everything I tried.

Is there any way I can just disconnect the doors or release the springs I
see so that I can open it again.

If this is not the proper group, please point me to proper group where I can
ask this question.

Thanks for the help,

- Niranjan

How large an opening in front do you have to work through? Trying to
visualize based on the lazy susan cabinet's I've had ) I would push
in a pipe or board to try to lift the pot far enough that it is between
shelves, then turn the cabinet. Any chance something else is stuck
against it? Enough room to get tongs in to remove other stuff that
might be jammed against it?

John Harlow

Lazy susan is sitting in a corner. On side, I have dishwasher and
other side it's sink. If it helps, the lazy susan model was installed
around 8-9 months back. The pot in question is bit heavy but I
managed to lift it up with small curtain rods- only thing I can push
under the available gap, to no avail. Doors do not budge despite of
everything I tried.

You (or a handy friend) can probably get that dishwasher out in about 2
minutes; this would only be useful if there is no partition between the
dishwasher and the cabinet.

AutoTracer

sounds like it might be time to cut an access panel between the inside of
the sink base and the inside of the lazy suzan cabnet. Afterall, if it
happened once, it will happen again. A 6" square opening should be enough
to fit your arm through with a few hinges on the cutout to seal the hole
till next time

"Niranjan Rao" wrote in message
[...]

ameijers

[...]

No good suggestions for current problem, just suprised that anyone would
sell a lazy susan corner base with huge dead spots like that. All the ones I
installed as a kid had a masonite tube formed around the revolving part, so
nothing big enough to jam cabinet could fall off. They didn't really even
have a box or carcass, just enough of a frame to screw to neighboring
cabinets, hold the front trim, and hold up the countertop. Guess in recent
years they decided the tube was too expensive to make the price point...

aem sends....