DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lazy Susan Web Page (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/134301-lazy-susan-web-page.html)

Darrell Feltmate December 5th 05 01:37 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml
--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

George December 5th 05 05:03 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't have
any lazy Susans around here.

DJ Delorie December 5th 05 06:22 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

Question: it looks like you're using a small heavy duty bearing. Why
not one of the larger light duty bearings? They have a circular
outside shape, usually a thinner profile, and, in my experience, turn
easier and smoother than the heavy duty ones.

Darrell Feltmate December 5th 05 06:25 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

I had to call it a "Lazy Susan," my wife would not let me call it a "lazy
Mary" and your wife is too far away to hit me :-)

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

M.J. December 5th 05 06:38 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

Ralph December 5th 05 07:35 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

M.J. wrote:
"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

LP's??, 45's?? What are they? Showing our age are we?

Darrell Feltmate December 5th 05 10:09 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

This is a very smooth running bearing and I had a couple on hand. I tend to
use what I have rather than buying more before the need arises.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Lobby Dosser December 5th 05 10:25 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

"George" George@least wrote:

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy
Susan turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that
allows for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We
don't have any lazy Susans around here.

Yeah, we don't call them that around here either!

mac davis December 6th 05 04:21 PM

Lazy Susan Web Page

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:35:52 GMT, Ralph wrote:

M.J. wrote:
"George" George@least wrote in message

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message

Just a quick note to say that I have a web page up to make a Lazy Susan
turn
table for the kitchen. Makes a nice, quick Christmas present that allows
for
easy serve on the feasting table. A customer wanted one so I used the
opportunity to set up the page.
http://aroundthewoods.com/lazy.shtml

The proper terminology, according to my wife, is "turntable." We don't
have any lazy Susans around here.

Well your wife is wrong!....... A turntable is what I put my LP's and 45's
on to play them. A lazy susan holds our condiments.......

LP's??, 45's?? What are they? Showing our age are we?

Ralph.. As my kids said, they're "hell-a big CD's".. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing