mac davis

Default LDD for sure, now..

I've been playing with Madge's system,, umm.. I mean Leif's system of LDD..
Now, I guess I'm really going to try it out...

Worked ok with the gallon that I put together with a quart of LDD that the wife
was willing to part with, so I wanted to try it on larger stuff... my wife was
going shopping, so I asked her to pick up a gallon of cheap LDD...

She comes home with a 5 gallon can of the stuff from "Smart & Final".. (their
pretty smart and your sale is final?)

Feminine logic kicked in here... it was $8 for a gallon, and the 5 gallon size
was $30... I now have a LARGE supply of LDD and unless I decide to put a couple
gallons in the pool some weekend, I'm setting up a few 5 gal. buckets and hoping
that the LDD thing works on a regular, revolving basis, like drying in bags
does...

If nothing else, I'll have clean, soft hands.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Dave in Fairfax

mac davis wrote:
snip of logistics gone mad
I'm setting up a few 5 gal. buckets and hoping
that the LDD thing works on a regular, revolving basis, like drying in bags
does...

I don't know what your swingover is, but you *might* want to think about
a bigger barrel, and larger pieces of wood. 10 or 20 gallon would let
you put a big chuck of wood in there, probably as big as you can turn.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
George

"mac davis" wrote in message
I've been playing with Madge's system,, umm.. I mean Leif's system of

LDD..
Now, I guess I'm really going to try it out...

You _do_ know that "Madge" is dead, don't you?

Be careful out there....

Leif Thorvaldson

"George" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
I've been playing with Madge's system,, umm.. I mean Leif's system of

LDD..
Now, I guess I'm really going to try it out...

You _do_ know that "Madge" is dead, don't you?

Be careful out there....

Just like JC Knight and Ramtha; I channel Madge!

Leif

Leif Thorvaldson

"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message
mac davis wrote:
snip of logistics gone mad
I'm setting up a few 5 gal. buckets and hoping
that the LDD thing works on a regular, revolving basis, like drying in
bags
does...

I don't know what your swingover is, but you *might* want to think about
a bigger barrel, and larger pieces of wood. 10 or 20 gallon would let
you put a big chuck of wood in there, probably as big as you can turn.

Dave in Fairfax

Mac! Dave has the right idea! My procedure prior to my physical problem
was to leave green limbs and trunks in five or six foot lengths, paint the
ends with an end sealer. When I wanted to turn them, I'd cut off the chunk
I wanted to work on, reseal the cut end and after the initial lathe work,
plunge it into the LDD until I was ready to come back to it. You don't have
to keep the pieces in LDD unless they are very short pieces where you don't
have enough blank to cut off a beginning end split.

I am beginning to think that I might offer a three day workshop on the how's
and why's of LDD. Charge a couple of hundred bucks, and pretty soon I'd be
right up there with the giants, Arrowmont, etc! I'd probably have to limit
it to a couple of hundred per class, but I'd furnish the LDD and the vats,
which you could take home with you after the class. There should be room
for it on the rig you used to transport your lathe! *G*

On a side note, Mac. No such thing as coincidences. Your wife's purchase
of that large quantity of LDD was fate driven. She was obviously divinely
inspired! Now you need to buy a fairly large container that would hold at
least five gallons of solution. Lidded, plastic toy storage containers work
great!! The buckets aren't such a great idea. You need more room as Dave
said!

Leif

Arch

Mac, check out Leif's new forum, 'Soap Has Infinite Possibilities',
'SHIP'. (or is it infinite _Terrors?) Either way, I heard he runs a
squeaky clean news group.

With all that LDD inventory, why don't you and the better half start a
dishwashing and timber preservation service? We can argue if it's art
or craft on rcw.

(preserve domestic tranquility, never wash a shirt with a pocketful of
Paudak dust with the wife's best white blouse)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

mac davis

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:11:44 GMT, Dave in Fairfax wrote:

mac davis wrote:
snip of logistics gone mad
I'm setting up a few 5 gal. buckets and hoping
that the LDD thing works on a regular, revolving basis, like drying in bags
does...

I don't know what your swingover is, but you *might* want to think about
a bigger barrel, and larger pieces of wood. 10 or 20 gallon would let
you put a big chuck of wood in there, probably as big as you can turn.

Dave in Fairfax

I just got the Jet 1442, Dave... 14" swing..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:04:33 -0700, "Leif Thorvaldson" wrote:

On a side note, Mac. No such thing as coincidences. Your wife's purchase
of that large quantity of LDD was fate driven. She was obviously divinely
inspired! Now you need to buy a fairly large container that would hold at
least five gallons of solution. Lidded, plastic toy storage containers work
great!! The buckets aren't such a great idea. You need more room as Dave
said!

Leif

but the 5 gal buckets are round, like my turnings, leif.. lol

I also have 2 tall rectangular covered containers that we used to use for
camping.. about 3 or 4 gallons each.. 3 bowls in one right now, a couple of jars
and a small bowl in the other..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:11:46 -0400, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
I've been playing with Madge's system,, umm.. I mean Leif's system of

LDD..
Now, I guess I'm really going to try it out...

You _do_ know that "Madge" is dead, don't you?

Be careful out there....

but Leif is Madge in spirit, George...
he carries the holy LDD grail in very soft hands.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:10:33 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Mac, check out Leif's new forum, 'Soap Has Infinite Possibilities',
'SHIP'. (or is it infinite _Terrors?) Either way, I heard he runs a
squeaky clean news group.

With all that LDD inventory, why don't you and the better half start a
dishwashing and timber preservation service? We can argue if it's art
or craft on rcw.

(preserve domestic tranquility, never wash a shirt with a pocketful of
Paudak dust with the wife's best white blouse)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Since I started turning every day, my clothes get washed separately, Arch...
Shirt pockets aren't the only collectors... socks, shoe tops/insides, the stupid
"cell pockets" they put in jeans now, etc...

I have several work shirts with pockets lined with very clean and non-static
shavings.. *g*