Dan Bollinger

Default CA adhesive gloat

We received some defective CA adhesive at work last year, which the mfgr.
replaced. They never sent a pickup notice, so, I asked for it and they were
happy to give it to me because they didn't want to 'dispose of it properly.'

I now have 10 liters of crystal clear industrial quality ethylCA. Just
about perfect for use as a finish. It is not water thin, but can be thinned
with mineral spirits. Dan

robo hippy

I know that most lacquers can be thinned with mineral spirits, but are
you sure that CA glue can?
robo hippy

Dan Bollinger

I know that most lacquers can be thinned with mineral spirits, but are
you sure that CA glue can?
robo hippy

We do it every day at work. As the glue begins to thicken we reduce it with
a few drops. It doesn't seem to effect the adhesives properties at all.

fyi: Lacquers should be thinned with lacquer thinner, which is a blend of
ketones, alcohol and mineral spirits, depending on what type of thinner it
is. It is the ketones that you want. Dan

mac davis

On Sat, 14 May 2005 18:55:54 GMT, "Dan Bollinger"
wrote:

We received some defective CA adhesive at work last year, which the mfgr.
replaced. They never sent a pickup notice, so, I asked for it and they were
happy to give it to me because they didn't want to 'dispose of it properly.'

I now have 10 liters of crystal clear industrial quality ethylCA. Just
about perfect for use as a finish. It is not water thin, but can be thinned
with mineral spirits. Dan

umm... I'm sure that you know what you're doing, Dan...
but what defect caused it to be rejected??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Arch

Dear Dan,

My staff and myself have received several complaints about the Stick it
to Em Corporation's CA glue. While we are sympathic and understand the
agony of buying such a disappointing expensive product, we are not their
agents and cannot field their complaints. Buy our glue, no others are
any good.

Holy Than Thou Woodglue, inc.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Dan Bollinger

umm... I'm sure that you know what you're doing, Dan...
but what defect caused it to be rejected??

I just checked. It was too thin for our application. It came in under
viscosity according to specs, almost water thin. Also, a couple bottles had
some crystalization on them. This particular CA is supposed to 'grab' in
2-4 seconds, but it was taking 20 seconds. So, I won't have to dilute this
stuff after all! Dan

Dan Bollinger

My staff and myself have received several complaints about the Stick it
to Em Corporation's CA glue. While we are sympathic and understand the
agony of buying such a disappointing expensive product, we are not their
agents and cannot field their complaints. Buy our glue, no others are
any good.

Holy Than Thou Woodglue, inc.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch, I never said what brand we used and it certainly isn't your
competition Stick it to Em adhesive that you are so willing to pass
judgement on. Nor did I complain to you about their adhesive or anyone
else's. In fact, we don't buy CAs from repackagers like yourself, but prefer
to buy direct from industrial CA adhesive mfgrs. Dan

Ralph

Arch wrote:
Dear Dan,

My staff and myself have received several complaints about the Stick it
to Em Corporation's CA glue. While we are sympathic and understand the
agony of buying such a disappointing expensive product, we are not their
agents and cannot field their complaints. Buy our glue, no others are
any good.

Holy Than Thou Woodglue, inc.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Toung in both cheeks, Arch? :))

Mr. Bollinger:

I think you were had by Arch's wry sense if humor. In fact.. I'm
pretty sure.

Robert

Arch

Hi Robert,
Dan got it. He just 'out _drolled' me.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch

Robert, thanks for the 'straightening out', but I'm still not real sure
that Dan isn't one-upping us. If I could repackage anything, it should
be me.

Anyway Dan, Hoosiers who lack the advantages of the advanced way WebTv
displays threads shouldn't be expected to keep up with improper
'cross-threading'.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Dan Bollinger

Arch, Coincidentally, there was a show on Discovery tonight about glues
and adhesives. It was very good. But then, being an adhesive mfgr. you
know all that stuff already. Dan

Robert, thanks for the 'straightening out', but I'm still not real sure
that Dan isn't one-upping us. If I could repackage anything, it should
be me.

Anyway Dan, Hoosiers who lack the advantages of the advanced way WebTv
displays threads shouldn't be expected to keep up with improper
'cross-threading'.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Dan Bollinger

I have to agree with you Arch. I think Dan is playing all of us. I'm
certain that he knew that your initial response was a come-on.

Really, I wasn't spoofing. Honest! Dan