George

Default PING Arch

I couldn't take it any longer. I took my Nova Chuck insert up to the
machine shop. It's 1.5 inch (38.1mm) diameter, with a metric 3.0 thread.

NOW are you happy?

Arch

I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

George

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know.

Truth to tell, Arch, while I was there I raided his woodpile for about four
15" curly hard maple bowls worth and a brace of birdseye logs somewhat
smaller. Going to sharpen the saw and try to get them roughed this weekend.
Snow tomorrow and 22 degrees. Good time to spend in the basement.

Ken Moon

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

============================
Arch,
Wasn't DIN incorporated into ISO when they defined it? It was the most
precise and comprehensive standard of all the Euros before the amalgamation
began. Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it their
way!
My opinion; others differ. {:-))

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

mac davis

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:22:31 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know.

Truth to tell, Arch, while I was there I raided his woodpile for about four
15" curly hard maple bowls worth and a brace of birdseye logs somewhat
smaller. Going to sharpen the saw and try to get them roughed this weekend.
Snow tomorrow and 22 degrees. Good time to spend in the basement.

SNOW???
I just busted my ass going up and down a ladder putting up a new ceiling fan on
the patio cover... (only about 65 out now, at 9pm..)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Michael Lehmann

"Ken Moon" Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it
their
way!
Ken Moon

Usually the most logical way.
mick

Leif Thorvaldson

"Michael Lehmann" wrote in message

"Ken Moon" Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it
their
way!
Ken Moon

Usually the most logical way.
mick

====Now where's the fun in that, mate? *G*

Leif

Bending 1" square steel stock into a large arch in NJ Crayola Metalworking 7 January 27th 05 07:01 AM
Ping Arch Henry Woodturning 1 September 10th 04 03:32 PM
Making an arch in plasterboard wall Glenn Robinson UK diy 6 April 12th 04 09:32 AM
As long as Arch is Elsewhere George Woodturning 26 February 6th 04 11:10 AM
PING: Arch Victor Radin Woodturning 3 January 17th 04 06:15 PM