DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PING Arch (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/103764-ping-arch.html)

George April 21st 05 09:17 PM

PING Arch

I couldn't take it any longer. I took my Nova Chuck insert up to the
machine shop. It's 1.5 inch (38.1mm) diameter, with a metric 3.0 thread.

NOW are you happy?

Arch April 21st 05 10:54 PM

I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden :) icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know. :)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

George April 22nd 05 12:22 AM

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden :) icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know. :)

Truth to tell, Arch, while I was there I raided his woodpile for about four
15" curly hard maple bowls worth and a brace of birdseye logs somewhat
smaller. Going to sharpen the saw and try to get them roughed this weekend.
Snow tomorrow and 22 degrees. Good time to spend in the basement.

Ken Moon April 22nd 05 04:37 AM

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden :) icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know. :)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

============================
Arch,
Wasn't DIN incorporated into ISO when they defined it? It was the most
precise and comprehensive standard of all the Euros before the amalgamation
began. Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it their
way!
My opinion; others differ. {:-))

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

mac davis April 22nd 05 05:12 AM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:22:31 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

"Arch" wrote in message
I'm delirious! Just sorry that you were troubled. Hope there was an
assumed or hidden :) icon in your message. It takes so little to make me
happy... much less than knowing if salad oil is safe for salads.

A Metric 3.0 thread seems quite fine for the purpose. I'm almost afraid
to ask. Is it ISO coarse or ISO fine? Unlikely to be French Standard or
old metric fine or coarse. Could there be a New Zealand Standard.?
Surely not J.I.S. or D.I.N. coarse or fine. Don't sweat it, no answer
is expected and obnoxious minds don't need to know. :)

Truth to tell, Arch, while I was there I raided his woodpile for about four
15" curly hard maple bowls worth and a brace of birdseye logs somewhat
smaller. Going to sharpen the saw and try to get them roughed this weekend.
Snow tomorrow and 22 degrees. Good time to spend in the basement.

SNOW???
I just busted my ass going up and down a ladder putting up a new ceiling fan on
the patio cover... (only about 65 out now, at 9pm..)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Michael Lehmann April 22nd 05 01:28 PM

"Ken Moon" Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it
their
way!
Ken Moon

Usually the most logical way.
mick

Leif Thorvaldson April 22nd 05 07:05 PM

"Michael Lehmann" wrote in message

"Ken Moon" Of course the Aussies and Kiwis DO have a habit of doing it
their
way!
Ken Moon

Usually the most logical way.