raden

Default Does anybody know where I can find ...?

I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in

http://fdrage.blogspot.com/

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The couple
of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when I want
1000)

--
geoff
Cicero

"raden" wrote in message

I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in

http://fdrage.blogspot.com/

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The couple
of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when I want
1000)

--
geoff

=====================
www.screwfix.co.uk

www.toolstation.co.uk

Both have a selection at a much better price.

Cic.

raden

In message , Cicero
writes

"raden" wrote in message

I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in

http://fdrage.blogspot.com/

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The couple
of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when I want
1000)

--
geoff

=====================
www.screwfix.co.uk

www.toolstation.co.uk

Both have a selection at a much better price.

No, I looked there. I am using them as anti-vibration mounts for warm
air fan motors. The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't
tall enough (20mm)

There must be someone somewhere turning them out for 100's/penny, it's
just a matter of finding who and where.

--
geoff
James Salisbury

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Cicero
writes

"raden" wrote in message

I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in

http://fdrage.blogspot.com/

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The couple
of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when I want
1000)

--
geoff

=====================
www.screwfix.co.uk

www.toolstation.co.uk

Both have a selection at a much better price.

No, I looked there. I am using them as anti-vibration mounts for warm air
fan motors. The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't tall
enough (20mm)

There must be someone somewhere turning them out for 100's/penny, it's
just a matter of finding who and where.

--
geoff

www.farnell.com ???

raden

In message , James
Salisbury writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Cicero
writes

"raden" wrote in message

[...]

No, nor RS or CPC or various other "general suppliers" for want of a
better term

I hate to think UK.D-I-Y might have been defeated

--
geoff

raden

In message , raden
writes
In message , James
Salisbury writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Cicero
writes

"raden" wrote in message

[...]

The actual dimensions a

Bore - 9mm
Slot dia - 12mm
O/d - 19mm
height 12mm
slot width 2.5mm

or thereabouts

--
geoff
John

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , James
Salisbury writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Cicero
writes

"raden" wrote in message

[...]

No no....here's a list of radio component suppliers:
http://www.g3sbl.org.uk/Links.htm

Surplus dealers also worth trying:
http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/mless...&bar=Catalogue
http://www.wcnsupplies.net/
http://www.greenweld.co.uk/
robotics:
http://www.robot.org.uk/parts.htm

raden

In message , John
writes
[...]

I think you missed my original request, it was for grommets which I use
as anti-vibration mounts for motors, not any electronics

URLs bookmarked though

--
geoff
Magician

Geoff wrote;

The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't

tall enough (20mm)

Use several?

Dave

raden

In message . com,
Magician writes
Geoff wrote;

The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't

tall enough (20mm)

Use several?

It won't work

Without the slot, the motor mounts would be free to move to the extent
that the collets inside will let them - The motor could move off centre
and rattle

.... not a proper job

to see the application look at

http://www.johnsonandstarleyltd.co.u...OS02064SP&ACTI
ON=SEARCH&searchby=Part%20Number

--
geoff

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
raden wrote:
No, I looked there. I am using them as anti-vibration mounts for warm
air fan motors. The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't
tall enough (20mm)

There must be someone somewhere turning them out for 100's/penny, it's
just a matter of finding who and where.

If they're for anti-vibration, they'd be best in rubber rather than the
usual PVC?

Yes

And I'm not cutting up my gimp suit for something like that !

--
geoff
John Rumm

How about someone like: http://www.meadex.co.uk/grommets.htm#detail

--
Cheers,

John.

raden

In message , s--p--o--n--i--x
writes
Check out:

http://www.kellysearch.co.uk/gb-product-45900.html

-and-

http://www.kellysearch.com/qz-product-45900.html

Yes I've been there and am awaiting quotes from a couple of companies.
Surprisingly a lot of the companies are actually in the states despite
my having selected "United Kingdom"

--
geoff
raden

In message , John
Rumm writes
raden wrote:

I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in
http://fdrage.blogspot.com/
Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The
couple of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when
I want 1000)

How about someone like: http://www.meadex.co.uk/grommets.htm#detail

Yup waiting for them to come back to me with a price, although the
salesman didn't seem to think that 30p/unit was that expensive

--
geoff
Pete C

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:32:21 GMT, raden wrote:

I think you missed my original request, it was for grommets which I use
as anti-vibration mounts for motors, not any electronics

Hi,

Try a Google on rubber/silicone motor grommets -pc, turns up eg:

http://www.earsc.com/
http://www.rpmmech.com/rpm.htm
http://www.invplus.com/rubber/catalog_grommets.htm

If J&S is a US company they may well have originated from there, worth
bearing in mind they work in inches.

So:

Bore - 9mm
Slot dia - 12mm
O/d - 19mm
height 12mm
slot width 2.5mm

or thereabouts

== 3/8 x 1/2 x 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/10

Would:

http://www.invplus.com/rubber/catalog_grommets_2.htm

#IPB-1109 = 3/8 x 1/2 x 3/4 x 17/32 x 1/8

do it? They have a few other similar ones too.

cheers,
Pete.
raden

In message , Pete C
writes
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:32:21 GMT, raden wrote:

I think you missed my original request, it was for grommets which I use
as anti-vibration mounts for motors, not any electronics

Hi,

Try a Google on rubber/silicone motor grommets -pc, turns up eg:

Aha, maybe "motor " was the magic word I omitted

http://www.earsc.com/
http://www.rpmmech.com/rpm.htm
http://www.invplus.com/rubber/catalog_grommets.htm

If J&S is a US company they may well have originated from there, worth
bearing in mind they work in inches.

No, Northampton

http://www.invplus.com/rubber/catalog_grommets_2.htm

More to look at tomorrow, cheers

--
geoff

Owain

raden wrote:
In the true spirit of DIY, why not make your own? Rubber tube down
the middle and a couple of washers stamped out of foam.

What, 1000 of them ?

An interesting craft project for the children and all their friends, I
would have thought.

And you don't need to buy them pizza afterwards - sit them down with a
Jamie Oliver video and an apple.

Owain