raden

In message , John
writes
I'm trying to find a sensibly priced source of grommets as in

http://fdrage.blogspot.com/

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on such a beast? The couple
of places I've tried seem to want silly money ( 30p each when I want
1000)

--
geoff

=====================
www.screwfix.co.uk

www.toolstation.co.uk

Both have a selection at a much better price.

No, I looked there. I am using them as anti-vibration mounts for warm
air
fan motors. The grommets which SF & TS have on offer just aren't tall
enough (20mm)

There must be someone somewhere turning them out for 100's/penny, it's
just a matter of finding who and where.

--
geoff

www.farnell.com ???

No, nor RS or CPC or various other "general suppliers" for want of a
better term

I hate to think UK.D-I-Y might have been defeated

No no....here's a list of radio component suppliers:
http://www.g3sbl.org.uk/Links.htm

Surplus dealers also worth trying:
http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/mless...&bar=Catalogue
http://www.wcnsupplies.net/
http://www.greenweld.co.uk/
robotics:
http://www.robot.org.uk/parts.htm

I think you missed my original request, it was for grommets which I use
as anti-vibration mounts for motors, not any electronics

URLs bookmarked though

--
geoff