Remove

Default Best place to sell old Welsh Slates

Good evening all. This not an advert, but I am wondering what the best
method for selling on re-claimed Welsh slates would be. Obviously, there
are yards that will buy for a fraction of resale prices.

I have put an ad on Salvo web's site, but got no interest.

Any thoughts, or should I bite the bullet and flog them cheap?

Many thanks

Chris
[news]

Remove" wrote:
Good evening all. This not an advert, but I am wondering what the best
method for selling on re-claimed Welsh slates would be. Obviously, there
are yards that will buy for a fraction of resale prices.

I have put an ad on Salvo web's site, but got no interest.

Any thoughts, or should I bite the bullet and flog them cheap?

Many thanks

Chris

put them in the roofing section of your local rag, £1 each if they
are any good. you may have to haggle a bit but they'll go.

RT

Remove

put them in the roofing section of your local rag, £1 each if they
are any good. you may have to haggle a bit but they'll go.

The old nail holes are quite big where the roofers took them down....I
am hoping that they have not messed them up because I told them that I
wanted to sell them on

Thanks

Chris
keith_765

"Remove" " wrote in message

put them in the roofing section of your local rag, £1 each if they
are any good. you may have to haggle a bit but they'll go.

The old nail holes are quite big where the roofers took them down....I
am hoping that they have not messed them up because I told them that I
wanted to sell them on

Thanks

Chris

Roofing supply yards are full of reclaimed slates. Most of the slates are
crap, soft, face peeling, corners missing and hole the size of 10p. Un less
they are of the larger size, 16" and above, sound solid, not dull, when
tapped with a hammer. You may have to either dump them or give them away.

Keith Nottm Slater & tiler 50 years +

Rick

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:21:14 +0000, Remove
" wrote:

Good evening all. This not an advert, but I am wondering what the best
method for selling on re-claimed Welsh slates would be. Obviously, there
are yards that will buy for a fraction of resale prices.

I have put an ad on Salvo web's site, but got no interest.

Any thoughts, or should I bite the bullet and flog them cheap?

Many thanks

Chris

If you have a couple of thousand, then I am interested .......

I can get new welsh slates, for 1.05+VAT, from the quarry. If these
are in London, you should get neerer 2 quid.

Rick

Chris

" wrote:

Good evening all. This not an advert, but I am wondering what the best
method for selling on re-claimed Welsh slates would be. Obviously, there
are yards that will buy for a fraction of resale prices.

I have put an ad on Salvo web's site, but got no interest.

Any thoughts, or should I bite the bullet and flog them cheap?

Many thanks

Chris

If you have a couple of thousand, then I am interested .......

I can get new welsh slates, for 1.05+VAT, from the quarry. If these
are in London, you should get neerer 2 quid.

Rick

Only 450 ish I am afraid. ABout 20 inch x 12
Tim Lamb

In article , Chris
writes
If you have a couple of thousand, then I am interested .......

I can get new welsh slates, for 1.05+VAT, from the quarry. If these
are in London, you should get neerer 2 quid.

Rick

Only 450 ish I am afraid. ABout 20 inch x 12

Rather an odd size!

IME slates are 1x2; 8"x16", 9"x18", 10"x20" etc.

In mid Herts. 2nd hand 10x20s are about £0.60ea. It helps if the nail
holes are at the end.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

How cool is this place... Toby UK diy 1 July 23rd 04 06:38 PM
What length ladder and best place to buy them? David Hearn UK diy 14 January 13th 04 11:38 PM
Best / Cheapest Place To Buy Kitchen Cabinets??? SuzySue UK diy 4 January 13th 04 01:36 AM
Need information on credit checks, foreclosures and how to sell your home? lucozade Home Ownership 0 November 26th 03 04:36 AM
Best place to buy speaker foam surrounds Andy Cuffe Electronics Repair 11 October 20th 03 10:28 PM