Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

replying to alan_m, Turboweasel wrote:
Haha, yeah but these are old paving slabs, at least 1970s

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...igh-87701-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 02:44:03 UTC+1, Turboweasel wrote:
replying to Geo, Turboweasel wrote:
I saw the date, thought id post for fun

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...up_access_tips
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2016 02:44, Turboweasel wrote:
replying to Geo, Turboweasel wrote:
I saw the date, thought id post for fun

There are several hundred messages _a day_ on this newsgroup.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2020 20:09, Mark Gunn wrote:
On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRA_fUpCxWA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Gunn wrote:
On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

I *have* a trailer, and have had it for many years, however it was
after I asked the question - back in 2004!

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Chris Green
writes
Mark Gunn wrote:
On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

I *have* a trailer, and have had it for many years, however it was
after I asked the question - back in 2004!

But the answers are just as stupid.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have one 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 inch thick slab that the neighbour
didn't want. I can barely lift it, I can only move it by 'walking'
it from corner to corner if I have to move it (propped up
against a wall).
That size is bloody heavy. Forget carrying them in a domestic
car.

Andrew

On 16/10/2020 11:30, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Why not get them delivered?
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 21:07, Andrew wrote:
I have one 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 inch thick slab that the neighbour
didn't want. I can barely lift it, I can only move it by 'walking'
it from corner to corner if I have to move it (propped up
against a wall).
That size is bloody heavy. Forget carrying them in a domestic
car.

I had to remove about a half-a dozen paving slabs of that size prior to
a new patio being laid. As you note, they had to be "walked" to move
them. I found the main problem was once they started to moved it was
almost impossible to stop them! In the end, as I didn't want them, after
moving the first couple I just broke them up into easily transportable
bits to take them to the tip.

A rough calculation shows each slab weighs about 65 kg.

--

Jeff

Paving Slabs Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld UK diy 9 March 8th 04 07:53 PM
SDS drill with standard chuck David Hearn UK diy 17 February 23rd 04 11:03 AM
Basin Fittings Non Standard RatBox UK diy 4 November 13th 03 07:49 PM
Block paving Mark Webb UK diy 3 August 17th 03 02:00 PM
Concrete slab advice John UK diy 12 July 11th 03 10:55 AM