Rodders

Default SUPRIMA BOILER PROBLEM

Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing to
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

RedOnRed

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the
time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go
out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

From what i've seen going around they often have problems with their PCB's
(printed circuit boards) and your fault sounds in-line with that.

tony sayer

In article , Rodders
writes
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing to
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

Ctled(?) will be along in a while to flog you a new PCB which is what
these ******* things are good at falling over on.

I've suffered one now since 1996 and come the extension build next year
its going to be replaced...

Hopefully with something better)
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

Ctled(?) will be along in a while to flog you a new PCB which is what
these ******* things are good at falling over on.

Save U looking it up....

http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp

--
Tony Sayer

JL

I had the same problem last week and had British Gas out to fix it. They
tried the changing the gas valve but that did nothing. Then changed the PCB
over to a new type of PCB that Potterton have come out with to solve the
quality problems that this boiler has had with the PCB. You can tell if its
the new type board by the LED, the new one has a single LED which has red,
amber and green colours. It also comes with a new user manual.

Mind you it did not fill me with confidence after the engineer said that he
had heard that the new PCB can fail as well!

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the
time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go
out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

Hugh

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the
time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go
out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

Thermocouple?
Overheat thermostat?
Hot water sensor?
Might I suggest:
http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question

raden

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , Rodders
writes
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing to
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

Ctled(?) will be along in a while to flog you a new PCB which is what
these ******* things are good at falling over on.

Waves ...

www.cetltd.com

--
geoff
raden

In message , JL
writes
I had the same problem last week and had British Gas out to fix it. They
tried the changing the gas valve but that did nothing. Then changed the PCB
over to a new type of PCB that Potterton have come out with to solve the
quality problems that this boiler has had with the PCB. You can tell if its
the new type board by the LED, the new one has a single LED which has red,
amber and green colours. It also comes with a new user manual.

Mind you it did not fill me with confidence after the engineer said that he
had heard that the new PCB can fail as well!

I've not seen them start coming through yet, but I've heard they're just
as bad as the old ones

just £40 more expensive

--
geoff
raden

In message , Hugh
writes

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the
time
it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous
times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go
out
and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works
fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing
come on, any help please!

TIA,
Rod.

Thermocouple?
Overheat thermostat?
Hot water sensor?
Might I suggest:
http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question

You could, but I'd suggest it's a waste of time.

A flashing red light indicates a pcb fault

I do have some experience in these things

--
geoff

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Need Help with Gas Boiler Vent Problem! Karen Home Repair 0 December 15th 03 03:05 AM
Old Baxi WM 531 RS boiler problem David Hearn UK diy 8 December 1st 03 06:58 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM