raden

In message ,
"dennis@work" writes

Meths is still useful as antifreeze in the windscreen washers

But mostly glycol

--
geoff
Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:10:57 GMT, raden wrote:

Meths is still useful as antifreeze in the windscreen washers

But mostly glycol

Glycol in the cooling system. Methanol in the washers.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when raden wrote:

Meths is still useful as antifreeze in the windscreen washers

But mostly glycol

Not in washers - glycol smears like crazy. It used to be used, but not
for a couple of decades.

Radiator coolant is a glycol. Either ethylene glycol in the cheap
stuff, or propylene glycol in the non-poisonous sort.
Guy King

The message
from raden contains these words:

Meths is still useful as antifreeze in the windscreen washers

But mostly glycol

No, you don't want to put glycol in washers, it's not good for paintwork.

--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

Paul R

In fact, routed through Wilkinsons today and it is in fact £1.19 for 500mL.
Paul R

"Paul R" wrote in message
I buy my Meths at Wilkinsons (Wilko), and if memory serves me well, it

was
£0.99 for 500mL.

Paul R

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I want
to buy a couple of litres.

At present my local hardware shop sells it for a rather expensive
£1.75 / 500ml.

The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:10:57 GMT, raden wrote:

Meths is still useful as antifreeze in the windscreen washers

But mostly glycol

Glycol in the cooling system. Methanol in the washers.

I thought it was isopropyl mainly.
basil

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:37:32 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Methanol in the washers.

That is what monkeys are after when you see them sucking on the washer
nozzles in safari parks. The drivers usualy oblige with a squirt.

Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:23:27 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Glycol in the cooling system. Methanol in the washers.

I thought it was isopropyl mainly.

What ever, it isn't glycol which is the point. I'm not going out to
the garage to look at my container to see what particular alcohol it
has in it...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:23:27 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Glycol in the cooling system. Methanol in the washers.

I thought it was isopropyl mainly.

What ever, it isn't glycol which is the point. I'm not going out to
the garage to look at my container to see what particular alcohol it
has in it...

Actually its about the cheapest way to buy ispopropyl alcohol, which is
one of the nicest cleaners aroudn - very unaggressive -for cleaning PC
keytboards and screens etc.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I have just bought the very same from a fibreglass vendor, CFS. Telephone
01209 821028. I have purchased polyester resin too and I have never used
such high quality resin. It flows and wets incredibly well, dries in a
sensible time and isn't sticky when cured. The service and prices are also
excellent in my opinion.

Another Dave

Bill Woods wrote:
In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit

having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I thought you used Ether for refining cocaine.

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
The Natural Philosopher

Bill Woods wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit

having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I thought you used Ether for refining cocaine.

Shows how littel I know about it doesn't it.
4square

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

raden

In message .com,
4square writes
Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

--
geoff

Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:50 GMT, raden wrote:

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not
French.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Worth posting this question on this site as they are all wood workers.

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/

Ian Johnston

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:15:39 UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

: In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
: having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
: something?

Glass fibre suppliers.

Ian

raden

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:50 GMT, raden wrote:

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not
French.

It's happened in both France and Italy too AFAIK

--
geoff