Andy Kirkland

Default Cheapest kitchen carcasses?

Hi,

I'm after some kitchen units - got the doors, just need a few floor standing
units with drawers...

The doors are MFI (Hygena?) and will be 300 and 500 mm with drawer tops. MFI
want about £30 in round figures per single unit (without the doors) - anyone
know anywhere cheaper and without the 10-14 day+ wait for delivery?

Also after a worktop - MFI call it "Brown Marble" - basically the cheapest
one around - anyone know anywhere else I could get it?

Thanks,

Andy

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
The doors are MFI (Hygena?) and will be 300 and 500 mm with drawer
tops. MFI want about £30 in round figures per single unit (without
the doors) - anyone know anywhere cheaper and without the 10-14
day+ wait for delivery?

B&Q Warehouse do carcasses. You can just pile them into the trolley and take
them away. I don't know how prices compare and don't know if the hinges are
the right size, shape and position for MFI doors. The carcasses come with
the hinges IIRC.

Also IKEA and Wickes.
Again, I don't know how well size will match.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Joe Cocker

Hi Andy,

Your best bet in my opinion is Howden. They are the trade arm of MFI and
have at least one branch in every city (there are 4 in Glasgow where I am).
See your yellow pages (or www.yell.com) for Howden Joinery. They do all of
the MFI range and more (although they use different names for the same
ranges), and most importantly, everything is from stock, so you can just
take it with you. Oh, they are also cheaper.

Either find a friend who is in the building trade and has an account with
them that can buy it for you, or alternatively open a cash (i.e. not a
credit) account yourself (10 minute job with a utility bill and a form of
ID). From my experience, since stuff there are on a "special" commission for
kitchen sales, they are very likely to allow you to do this, regardless of
your circumstances.

HTH,

Joe.

Kitchen Taps BigWallop UK diy 5 July 27th 03 01:07 AM
Kitchen doors The Question Asker UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:52 AM
Covering kitchen doors zaax UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:51 AM
Kitchen Fitter Standards Tim Foley UK diy 2 July 17th 03 09:48 PM
Kitchen Worksurface. mick UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM