mick

Default Kitchen Worksurface.

My kitchen work surface is developing nasty yellow stains in places. Some
are getting quite big and seem to be spreading at will!

The stains wont come off. I have tried bleach, multi surface cleaner,
scrubbing, rubbing - all sorts. In fact I am rubbing the surface off before
getting the stain out. it seems indelible.

I dont know what it is. At first I thought it was tea stains (!) but they
seem to be spreading and are now in places which I do even use.

In fact every item I leave on the surface 9 cups, plates etc) seems to leave
an un shiftable stain.

Anyone met a problem like this?
Sort of removing the whole of the work surface and replacing it - any
possible solutions? I dont really want to have to rip the kitchen apart
right now.

Can I paint or resurface it somehow
What might be best?

By the way , I ought to add it wasnt a *cheap* work surface , although it is
about ten years old now.

TIA.

BigWallop

"mick" wrote in message
[...]

This is the only stuff I can think of that may help Mica:

http://tinyurl.com/g18d

It is a proprietary melamine cleaner that is ideal for worktop surfaces,
just remember to rinse it afterwards, and I know it works on scorch marks
from a hot pot. One bottle will also lasts for ages.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Alan

Hi
I don't know what causes the staining but Barkeepers Friend is the
thing that will get it out. It's a very fine abrasive that contains
oxalic acid. It deep cleans and polishes at the same time (equally
brilliant on rust stains or for polishing stainless steel sinks).
Difficult to find in shops but available online at
www.homecareproducts.co.uk

Hope it helps.

Alan