Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Harry Bloomfield

Default One for the plumbers?

Hi,

SWMBO will be trying to track down a replacement sealing fibre washer
for me tomorrow from a local plumbing emporium. I'm rather stuck for
describing the actual one needed and I cannot provide her with the
washer as a sample as this would mean leaving the water off....

The washer provides a seal between the connection between a wash basin
tap and the 15mm pipe fitting. The roughly 1/2 OD washer fits on a
shouldered fitting a union then pulls the tap and fitting together.
Probably an O ring would work just as well.

What correct name for this pipe fitting please?

I've just removed several of the taps in the house to repair and/or
replace them. The sealing washer on this one was damaged, so I have had
to put it back together with a small weepage, at least until the shops
reopen on Monday.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org