Brian Reay

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Hi,

SWMBO will be trying to track down a replacement sealing fibre washer
for me tomorrow from a local plumbing emporium. I'm rather stuck for
describing the actual one needed and I cannot provide her with the
washer as a sample as this would mean leaving the water off....

The washer provides a seal between the connection between a wash basin
tap and the 15mm pipe fitting. The roughly 1/2 OD washer fits on a
shouldered fitting a union then pulls the tap and fitting together.
Probably an O ring would work just as well.

What correct name for this pipe fitting please?

A tap connector.

Picture he http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...93078&id=18612

While you have it all apart, stick in some isolation valves by each tap (now
required for new installs I think). You can then turn off each tap to work
on it.

Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk
www.amateurradiotraining.org.uk