Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The washer provides a seal between the connection between a wash basin
tap and the 15mm pipe fitting. The roughly 1/2 OD washer fits on a
shouldered fitting a union then pulls the tap and fitting together.
Probably an O ring would work just as well.

What correct name for this pipe fitting please?

IIRC, tap connector?

I've just removed several of the taps in the house to repair and/or
replace them. The sealing washer on this one was damaged, so I have had
to put it back together with a small weepage, at least until the shops
reopen on Monday.

I'm pretty certain I've seen these washers in the sheds - probably in a
packet at an extortionate price.

If you have to use mail order, Screwfix do a fibre washer selection box.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.