Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TonyK

Default Anything better than DECT...

I live/work in a very large old Victorian mansion, i.e. lots of very thick
stone walls, four floors etc etc. I have three DECT phones, two at one end
and one at the other. they vary in cost from the cheapest, BT at about £75 &
£100 to my own Samsung which was originally about £200 albeit a couple of
years back.

Now in theory DECT is DECT and they should have an optimum range of 300m
(yeah right!). The cheapest struggles to go 15m between 3 rooms. The middle
one is a bit better, and the Samsung better still. But none of them will do
the 50m between reception and office. When I bought them I tried numerous
models and these we're the best at the time but that was 2 years back.

I did look at repeaters but each phone is actually on a different line so I
think its getting a bit too complicated to extend the signal?

Has the technology improved or is there something better out there?

Ta

DECT phone funny Rod Hewitt UK diy 29 March 10th 05 01:24 PM
Portable DECT phone with 'headset' option? T i m UK diy 18 February 8th 05 02:30 PM
BT Synergy 700 DECT answerphone Steven Briggs UK diy 4 September 12th 04 02:15 PM
Binatone MD 750 Twin (Micro Dect) Andy Mabbett UK diy 11 August 20th 04 04:18 PM
Chasing computer wiring (Cat-5) into plaster over brick wall Zymurgy UK diy 69 August 26th 03 05:05 PM