T i m

Default Portable DECT phone with 'headset' option?

Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m
Ian Stirling

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?
T i m

On 05 Feb 2005 20:36:07 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?

I was thinking more along the std telephone route Ian? Aren't there
some phones that can be 'cordless' (house) and 'mobile' (cellular)
phones (or was that what you were thinking) ?

All the best ..

T i m
Grunff

Ian Stirling wrote:

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?

I have Bluetooth headset PC VoIP. Works.

For Tim, one of our phones is a Panasonic KX-TCD715E. The handsets have
headset sockets.

--
Grunff
TonyK

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

I've got a really nice Samsung one with an earpiece (mobile style), cost me
about £200 a year ago so probably £15 by now.

Ian Stirling

wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?

I was thinking more along the std telephone route Ian? Aren't there
some phones that can be 'cordless' (house) and 'mobile' (cellular)
phones (or was that what you were thinking) ?

All the best ..

Oh.
By 'wired mobile phone', I assumed you meant a mobile designed for fixed usage.
DECT phons

Makes more sense.
Lee

Clive Summerfield wrote:

I've got a Panasonic DECT phone which comes with a headset socket. Model
number is KX-TCD775E

As does our (now rather oldish) SP-R6150 Samsung DECT phone.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
T i m

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:31:49 -0000, "TonyK"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

I've got a really nice Samsung one with an earpiece (mobile style), cost me
about £200 a year ago so probably £15 by now.

Thanks 'lads', a few choices there .. without sounding ungrateful I
wonder if there is anything cheaper? ;-( (The Samsung is still over
100 quid Tony!)

I think you may have answered an additional question Tony and that was
re the 'headset' .

The specs for the Panasonic / Samsung mention a 'headset port' and I
envisaged some Plantronics thing at and additional 200 pounds!

All the best .. (good ere innit weg) !

T i m

Lee

T i m wrote:

I wonder if there is anything cheaper? ;-( (The Samsung is still over
100 quid Tony!)

I think you may have answered an additional question Tony and that was
re the 'headset' .

The SP-R6100 (same phone as 6150 but lacking the answerphone), can
usually to be found quite cheap on Ebay.
There are several on there now at less than £50 - and they come with the
earpiece/mic/switch.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Mike

wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?

I was thinking more along the std telephone route Ian? Aren't there
some phones that can be 'cordless' (house) and 'mobile' (cellular)
phones (or was that what you were thinking) ?

What you are after is on its way from BT. It's a mobile phone that switches
to DECT mode when inside the home and has a Bluetooth earpiece. I think
release is mid-summer though.

Ian McFarlane

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:31:49 -0000, "TonyK"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I bought Philips Zenia cordless phones a couple of years ago because at
that time it was the only one I could find that would take a headset.
Suitable Plantronics headsets with 3.5mm jack come in at about £15-£25
depending on the model. The phone wasn't that cheap but I reckon that
the headset socket will be more common these days and should be found on
cheaper models. Try looking in the Argos catalogue they usually have a
wide range and should give you an idea of spec and prices. I use the
headset most of the time and rarely use a phone that I have to hold to
my ear.

Ian
T i m

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:38:54 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

What you are after is on its way from BT. It's a mobile phone that switches
to DECT mode when inside the home and has a Bluetooth earpiece. I think
release is mid-summer though.

Hi Mike,

Isn't that what you could do with the Hutchinson phones (if you
remember back that far)?

All the best ..

T i m

Mike

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:38:54 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

What you are after is on its way from BT. It's a mobile phone that

switches
to DECT mode when inside the home and has a Bluetooth earpiece. I think
release is mid-summer though.

Hi Mike,

Isn't that what you could do with the Hutchinson phones (if you
remember back that far)?

All the best ..

You mean Rabbit ? Oh yes. One of my team's ICs was in the basestations.
But no Bluetooth back then so you still had to hold the phone to your ear.

I don't understand why it's taken 15 years for GSM mobiles to gain this
ability either. Not as though there's a technical limitation.

Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

"Lee" wrote in message
Clive Summerfield wrote:

I've got a Panasonic DECT phone which comes with a headset socket. Model
number is KX-TCD775E

As does our (now rather oldish) SP-R6150 Samsung DECT phone.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

If you have a Bluetooth headset and one of these this would give you total
freedom. http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=110634
Steve

The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

T i m

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 01:05:38 +0000 (UTC), "Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote:

"Lee" wrote in message
Clive Summerfield wrote:

I've got a Panasonic DECT phone which comes with a headset socket. Model
number is KX-TCD775E

As does our (now rather oldish) SP-R6150 Samsung DECT phone.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

If you have a Bluetooth headset and one of these this would give you total
freedom. http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=110634
Steve

Hi Steve,

Well another 'outside the box' solution (nearly a wireless connection
pun?) ;-)

I'll put that one to my mate as he Bluetooth headset currently only
enjoys 10 mins use each day to and from work ..

All the best ..

T i m

Christian McArdle

Try looking in the Argos catalogue they usually have a wide range
and should give you an idea of spec and prices.

I bought some NTL branded phones recently. No headset socket that I can
recall, but each of the phones had a built in speakerphone. Depending on the
nature of the "work", this might be acceptable. They're fine to just put
down on the kitchen/workshop surface and chat, provided no privacy is
required and no-one else will be annoyed in the vicinity.

Christian.

T i m

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:15:46 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Try looking in the Argos catalogue they usually have a wide range
and should give you an idea of spec and prices.

I bought some NTL branded phones recently. No headset socket that I can
recall, but each of the phones had a built in speakerphone. Depending on the
nature of the "work", this might be acceptable. They're fine to just put
down on the kitchen/workshop surface and chat, provided no privacy is
required and no-one else will be annoyed in the vicinity.

Christian.

Thanks for that Christian and all that have helped so far ;-)

I wandered round Currys on Sunday (while I was being Mini cab for my
daughter on her first TaiQuanDo session g) and spotted a Cable &
Wireless DECT phone with headset jack ;-)

I mentioned it to my mate today and he seemed happy with the 40 quid
price tag so I went and got him one. ;-)

It's plugged in an on charge as we speak and he can give it a real try
tomorrow (he had the mini boom type headset that I *nearly* cut the
plug off already).

All the best .. and thanks again ..

T i m

larry

Hi Tim

I actully do sell a DECT phone that you can plug a headset into.
It also doubles as a voip phone.

Cheers
Lars

http://www.i-fones.co.uk

T i m wrote in message . ..
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

S lo

Is it DECT? Reading the literature I can't work out if it is either digital
or DECT standard?
I.e. can you register other DECT handsets to its basestation?
Another question - how much IP bandwidth does it use up on Skype?
Looks interesting, cheers

"larry" wrote in message
m...
Hi Tim

I actully do sell a DECT phone that you can plug a headset into.
It also doubles as a voip phone.

Cheers
Lars

http://www.i-fones.co.uk