Mike

"T i m" wrote in message
On 05 Feb 2005 20:36:07 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

My mate in his garage has given me a wired mobile phone headset and an
older DECT phone and want's me to amalgamate the two (so he can talk
and work at the same time .. hold for 'parts' etc ..).

Now I'm willing to give it a go (ex electronics eng etc) but I
wondered if there was such a thing out there already (he let's me use
his 4-poster car lift / tools for free so I owe him) ;-)

Bluetooth mobile + headset?

I was thinking more along the std telephone route Ian? Aren't there
some phones that can be 'cordless' (house) and 'mobile' (cellular)
phones (or was that what you were thinking) ?

What you are after is on its way from BT. It's a mobile phone that switches
to DECT mode when inside the home and has a Bluetooth earpiece. I think
release is mid-summer though.