mrcheerful

"TonyK" wrote in message
I live/work in a very large old Victorian mansion, i.e. lots of very thick
stone walls, four floors etc etc. I have three DECT phones, two at one end
and one at the other. they vary in cost from the cheapest, BT at about £75
&
£100 to my own Samsung which was originally about £200 albeit a couple of
years back.

Now in theory DECT is DECT and they should have an optimum range of 300m
(yeah right!). The cheapest struggles to go 15m between 3 rooms. The
middle
one is a bit better, and the Samsung better still. But none of them will
do
the 50m between reception and office. When I bought them I tried numerous
models and these we're the best at the time but that was 2 years back.

I did look at repeaters but each phone is actually on a different line so
think its getting a bit too complicated to extend the signal?

Has the technology improved or is there something better out there?

There are super power phones out there, but they are illegal here. I
searched for high power dect or something similar , and found something that
would get through thirty floors IIRC, whether it would work on our phone
system I don't know, or fry your brain on a quick call. I opted for two
carefully placed repeaters on only one line though.

mrcheerful