Sparky

Default Baxi Boiler Help

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem.

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 Combination boiler with an annoying intermittant
fault.

Occasionally when the heating is working fine and I switch on the HW the
flame light goes out and the water runs cold.

When HW tap is then turnd off the boiler clicks a bit but the heating
doesn't fire up - I don't think there is any pump flow either

The boiler clicks when I tuen on the HW tap so it is sensing that so I think
I can rule out the flow switch.

I am thinking it could be the CH flow switch but would appreciate any help
from experts or people who have had this fault.

Hugh

worth posting he
http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question
deals solely with boiler problems,

Hugh

view my philatelic items for sale on ebay at:
http://tinyurl.com/l32i
"Sparky" wrote in message
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem.

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 Combination boiler with an annoying intermittant
fault.

Occasionally when the heating is working fine and I switch on the HW the
flame light goes out and the water runs cold.

When HW tap is then turnd off the boiler clicks a bit but the heating
doesn't fire up - I don't think there is any pump flow either

The boiler clicks when I tuen on the HW tap so it is sensing that so I
think I can rule out the flow switch.

I am thinking it could be the CH flow switch but would appreciate any help
from experts or people who have had this fault.

Hugh

"Sparky" wrote in message
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem.

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 Combination boiler with an annoying intermittant
fault.

Occasionally when the heating is working fine and I switch on the HW the
flame light goes out and the water runs cold.

When HW tap is then turnd off the boiler clicks a bit but the heating
doesn't fire up - I don't think there is any pump flow either

The boiler clicks when I tuen on the HW tap so it is sensing that so I
think I can rule out the flow switch.

I am thinking it could be the CH flow switch but would appreciate any help
from experts or people who have had this fault.

Just a thought:
The clicking is the diverter valve.
If the hot water runs for a little while before the pilot goes out, then it
may be the overheat thermostat, which should be a straightforward job, but I
don't know this boiler -
It's always worth 'phoning the companies technical dept. and getting a
diagnosis from them.
Hugh

Baxi Boiler problem - grating sound Mike Dodd UK diy 6 January 30th 05 07:16 PM
Baxi Boiler shutting down steve UK diy 29 October 24th 04 12:29 AM
Baxi WM 381 RS Boiler Blowing Fuse L Reid UK diy 3 July 6th 04 04:09 PM
Old Baxi WM 531 RS boiler problem David Hearn UK diy 8 December 1st 03 06:58 PM
Baxi Bermuda boiler Steve UK diy 10 October 21st 03 08:03 PM