DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baxi Boiler Help (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/89760-baxi-boiler-help.html)

Sparky February 4th 05 05:27 PM

Baxi Boiler Help

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem.

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 Combination boiler with an annoying intermittant
fault.

Occasionally when the heating is working fine and I switch on the HW the
flame light goes out and the water runs cold.

When HW tap is then turnd off the boiler clicks a bit but the heating
doesn't fire up - I don't think there is any pump flow either

The boiler clicks when I tuen on the HW tap so it is sensing that so I think
I can rule out the flow switch.

I am thinking it could be the CH flow switch but would appreciate any help
from experts or people who have had this fault.

Hugh February 5th 05 01:05 AM

worth posting he
http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question
deals solely with boiler problems,

Hugh

view my philatelic items for sale on ebay at:
http://tinyurl.com/l32i

Hugh February 5th 05 01:10 AM

"Sparky" wrote in message
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem.

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 Combination boiler with an annoying intermittant
fault.

Occasionally when the heating is working fine and I switch on the HW the
flame light goes out and the water runs cold.

When HW tap is then turnd off the boiler clicks a bit but the heating
doesn't fire up - I don't think there is any pump flow either

The boiler clicks when I tuen on the HW tap so it is sensing that so I
think I can rule out the flow switch.

I am thinking it could be the CH flow switch but would appreciate any help
from experts or people who have had this fault.

Just a thought:
The clicking is the diverter valve.
If the hot water runs for a little while before the pilot goes out, then it
may be the overheat thermostat, which should be a straightforward job, but I
don't know this boiler -
It's always worth 'phoning the companies technical dept. and getting a
diagnosis from them.
Hugh