Tricia

Default car wash brush

Hi I have a car wash brush made by Hozelock which uses liquid shampoo in the
brush. I have not used it for a while and now I cannot remember what car
shampoo to use. I got some from Kleeneze a while back but it is too thin and
only lasts a little while. If I remember correctly the original shampoo I
got lasted long enough to wash the whole car. Any suggestions.

No job so car wash is not an option.
Thanks Tricia

keng

"Any suggestions."

Yes. Have you tried a google search for hozelock car shampoo or soap
sticks ?

Have you asked the retailer of your hozelock brush ?

Better still, buy a cheap plastic bucket - =A31.50 and some car shampoo
from a motor factor - cost varies. Hose or rinse excess dirt from car,
dilute shampoo to recommended solution, use hozelock brush to apply,
then rinse off. Drying with chamois or 'terry' nappy is optional but
leaves a streak free finish.

Cheers

KG

zaax

In article .com, keng
writes
"Any suggestions."

Yes. Have you tried a google search for hozelock car shampoo or soap
sticks ?

Have you asked the retailer of your hozelock brush ?

Better still, buy a cheap plastic bucket - £1.50 and some car shampoo
from a motor factor - cost varies. Hose or rinse excess dirt from car,
dilute shampoo to recommended solution, use hozelock brush to apply,
then rinse off. Drying with chamois or 'terry' nappy is optional but
leaves a streak free finish.

And leaving micro scratches in the paint work
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com
keng

"And leaving micro scratches in the paint work"

So, whats your suggestion then ? Leave it dirty, don't wash it, in case
it gets micro scratches ?

I would imagine that the original poster has more on his/ her mind than
the unavoidable "micro scratches" which being micro in the first place,
not many people are going to notice.

AND I prepare my cars for sale using this method

AND I've never had too many sitting around because of micro scratches.
Grow up or don't bother posting sh*te.

KG

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tricia wrote:
Hi I have a car wash brush made by Hozelock which uses liquid shampoo in
the brush. I have not used it for a while and now I cannot remember
what car shampoo to use. I got some from Kleeneze a while back but it
is too thin and only lasts a little while. If I remember correctly the
original shampoo I got lasted long enough to wash the whole car. Any
suggestions.

No job so car wash is not an option.

I won't use a car wash because the auto types scratch the paint. The DIY
ones are as much effort as doing it at home - if you have access to a hose.
IMHO, don't bother with a brush and detergent pellet. Soak the car with
the hose then use a bucket and sponge using car shampoo from the likes of
Halfords - buying it by the 5 litre container makes it pretty cheap. Rinse
with the hose, then leather off.

If you don't like getting your hands wet - or can only use cold water for
the bucket - use decent rubber gloves.

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Christian McArdle

IMHO, don't bother with a brush and detergent pellet. Soak the car with
the hose then use a bucket and sponge using car shampoo from the likes of
Halfords - buying it by the 5 litre container makes it pretty cheap.

I prefer the brush and soap pellet. Less work than the bucket and sponge.
But then mains pressure hot water is useful for this...

Christian.