HotRod

Default Balance front load wash machine?

Can anyone help with balancing a front load wash machine? About size month
ago we purchase an LG front load wash machine, I spent over an hour making
sure that the machine was perfectly level on our basement concrete floor,
recently though the machine has started to "walk". I have moved the machine
back into position several times and when I put my full body weight on each
corner there isn't any give to the machine, each leg seems to be firmly
planted and the machine is level. What am I missing????

SQLit

"HotRod" wrote in message
Can anyone help with balancing a front load wash machine? About size month
ago we purchase an LG front load wash machine, I spent over an hour making
sure that the machine was perfectly level on our basement concrete floor,
recently though the machine has started to "walk". I have moved the

machine
back into position several times and when I put my full body weight on

each
corner there isn't any give to the machine, each leg seems to be firmly
planted and the machine is level. What am I missing????

My front loader walks when I fill it up. I just keep the load down a little
and it stays put.

HotRod

Lets say that the machine is not perfectly level, will it still walk if the
legs are firmly planted? I'll ask my wife to try a few smaller loads and see
if she still has the problem. I'm wondering now if it only walks when she
has it full of heavy sweaters and jeans etc..

"HotRod" wrote in message
Can anyone help with balancing a front load wash machine? About size month
ago we purchase an LG front load wash machine, I spent over an hour making
sure that the machine was perfectly level on our basement concrete floor,
recently though the machine has started to "walk". I have moved the
machine back into position several times and when I put my full body
weight on each corner there isn't any give to the machine, each leg seems
to be firmly planted and the machine is level. What am I missing????

JerryMouse

HotRod wrote:
Can anyone help with balancing a front load wash machine? About size
month ago we purchase an LG front load wash machine, I spent over an
hour making sure that the machine was perfectly level on our basement
concrete floor, recently though the machine has started to "walk". I
have moved the machine back into position several times and when I
put my full body weight on each corner there isn't any give to the
machine, each leg seems to be firmly planted and the machine is
level. What am I missing????

We did this.

2 2x4s with 1 1/4" holes drilled half-way through and spaced to match the
washer's feet.

Put the washer's feet in the 2x4s.

If the washer STILL moves, bolt the 2x4s to the concrete floor!

HotRod

I considered this but figured if the machine wasn't moving then the motor
inside would try to, and it's easier to push the machine back then to try
and make new brackets for the motor when they brake. Just my thinking
though.

Stormin Mormon

Earthquate tie down kit? Anchors into floor?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HotRod" wrote in message
Can anyone help with balancing a front load wash machine? About size month
ago we purchase an LG front load wash machine, I spent over an hour making
sure that the machine was perfectly level on our basement concrete floor,
recently though the machine has started to "walk". I have moved the machine
back into position several times and when I put my full body weight on each
corner there isn't any give to the machine, each leg seems to be firmly
planted and the machine is level. What am I missing????

HotRod

Am I wrong to assume that this thing should just be able to sit level on my
concrete floor? Are a lot of people anchoring these things down?

Brynk

No, you are not wrong. Mine sits level and doesn't budge, regardless of
load size.

Either it's not level
Check
side to side
front to back
corner to corner
(Make sure your level is accurate. They are notorious for being out of
plumb, after being knocked around.)

Or there's a problem w/ the machine

--
Barry