Joan

Default Washing Machine, small black rubbery bits in dispenser drawer

Hi Everyone

I hope you can help me. I have a Zanussi washing machine, about 3/4
years old.
When you take the soap dispenser drawer out, at the look up (into the
machine) the water inlet holes are covered in a black rubbery like
substance. This also extends to the back and works its way into the
drawer, which needs constant cleaning. Sometimes the machine is unable
to take in the softner (I think the holes above it may block from time
to time). I only use the minimum of soap powder.
Any ideas as to what this black substance is, and more importantly how
do I get rid of it?
Joan
Doctor D

"Joan" wrote in message
om...
Hi Everyone

I hope you can help me. I have a Zanussi washing machine, about 3/4
years old.
When you take the soap dispenser drawer out, at the look up (into the
machine) the water inlet holes are covered in a black rubbery like
substance. This also extends to the back and works its way into the
drawer, which needs constant cleaning. Sometimes the machine is unable
to take in the softner (I think the holes above it may block from time
to time). I only use the minimum of soap powder.
Any ideas as to what this black substance is, and more importantly how
do I get rid of it?
Joan

In our old machine we used to get powder deposits combing with the hard
water causing blockages. These took the form of a googy sludge in various
colours which would eventually block the powder drawer, pipework and the
level/pressure thingy and cause the machine to overfill. Do these deposits
go mouldy, or turn black in the damp environment?

When we switched to tablets which go into the drum in a net bag the problem
diminished.

We've since moved house, and bought a new washing machine which is fed
through a water softener. The new machine shows no signs of deposits
anywhere.

Doctor D

I should have added I used to get rid of all the muck by stripping the
machine and washing everything with very hot water and a bottle brush.

Doctor D wrote:
I should have added I used to get rid of all the muck by stripping

the
machine and washing everything with very hot water and a bottle

brush.

washing machine move mike guitar UK diy 2 January 26th 05 06:55 AM
Asko Washing Machine Won't Spin Robm Home Repair 0 January 3rd 05 04:43 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Leaky Washing Machine Jamie Willmott UK diy 4 October 22nd 04 11:45 AM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM