atg

Default Conservatory flashing

I have a conservatory which is sealed to the house with flashband. I don't
like this and would like to convert it/have it converted to lead flashing.

Is this a difficult (or expensive) when the conservatory is already fully
erected?

Dave Plowman

In article ,
atg wrote:
I have a conservatory which is sealed to the house with flashband. I
don't like this and would like to convert it/have it converted to lead
flashing.

Is this a difficult (or expensive) when the conservatory is already
fully erected?

I've just done this on mine. I installed the flashing before the glass, so
if yours can be removed easily I'd say this is the best way. You can just
carefully bend it up afterwards to install the glass, and work back into
shape.

It's expensive stuff, lead. But very satisfying to work. I bought two
special tools - a dresser which has a long flat head, and a bossing mallet
which has conical ends of different sizes.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Simon Avery

"atg" wrote:

Hello atg

a| I have a conservatory which is sealed to the house with
a| flashband. I don't like this and would like to convert
a| it/have it converted to lead flashing.
a| Is this a difficult (or expensive) when the conservatory is
a| already fully erected?

The only difficulty is one of access. I did mine before I put the
roofing in and it was fairly easy then.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Using hot air in conservatory David UK diy 5 August 3rd 03 10:13 AM
self build conservatory - glazing question Nicholas UK diy 6 July 27th 03 11:34 PM
Conservatory blinds Paul UK diy 2 July 25th 03 02:03 PM
Conservatory floor/foundation issues Christian McArdle UK diy 26 July 15th 03 07:47 PM