Dave Plowman

Default Conservatory flashing

In article ,
atg wrote:
I have a conservatory which is sealed to the house with flashband. I
don't like this and would like to convert it/have it converted to lead
flashing.

Is this a difficult (or expensive) when the conservatory is already
fully erected?

I've just done this on mine. I installed the flashing before the glass, so
if yours can be removed easily I'd say this is the best way. You can just
carefully bend it up afterwards to install the glass, and work back into
shape.

It's expensive stuff, lead. But very satisfying to work. I bought two
special tools - a dresser which has a long flat head, and a bossing mallet
which has conical ends of different sizes.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn