Paul

Default Conservatory blinds

I recently had a conservatory fitted and am looking to have blinds fitted.

I have asked Thomas Sanderson togive me a quote - they are coming shortly.

My question is what sort of prices are 'normal' for blinds?

The conservatory is 13' x 10'. Ideally I would like blinds in the roof as
well as the windows.

Should I expect to pay in the hundreds or the thousands.

Has anyone any expereince of the salepeople? Are they like double glazing
salesmen (no offence ) or are they a bit more honest and up front.

Do you need to haggle with these people or do they generally give straight
prices up front (if that isn't too naive!)

Thanks,

Paul

Andy Hall

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:49:53 +0100, "Paul"
wrote:

I recently had a conservatory fitted and am looking to have blinds fitted.

I have asked Thomas Sanderson togive me a quote - they are coming shortly.

My question is what sort of prices are 'normal' for blinds?

The conservatory is 13' x 10'. Ideally I would like blinds in the roof as
well as the windows.

Should I expect to pay in the hundreds or the thousands.

Has anyone any expereince of the salepeople? Are they like double glazing
salesmen (no offence ) or are they a bit more honest and up front.

Do you need to haggle with these people or do they generally give straight
prices up front (if that isn't too naive!)

Thanks,

Paul

Sanderson are the largest supplier in terms of pleated blinds if
that's what you want, but also do pinoleum which is what we were
looking for, but only for the roof. Personally I don't like the
synthetic appearance of the pleated blinds, preferring the slight
dappled light that comes through pinoleum blinds

In that arena, Appeal Blinds are the largest and we selected them,
eventually but on quality, not price. THe salesman was
straightforward and professional and there was better pricing when we
bought in November because that's their worst business time. Now is
not a good time to buy if you want the best deal.

The Sanderson guy was invited to come and quote as well and did so,
but was the worst salesperson I have ever met. He was sleazy and
ingratiating and yet didn't listen to what we were saying we wanted.
In the end he said he would better Appeal's price by 10%, whatever it
was. At that point I threw him out - I don't do business that way.

If you are looking for relatively simple pleated blinds you may well
get the best deal from a local supplier.

As a general rule with any supplier apart from the local supermarket,
more or less, always haggle and always ask for a better price. The
worst that will happen is the answer 'no' and sales people don't like
using that one.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Tony Hogarty

Andy Hall wrote:

The Sanderson guy was invited to come and quote as well and did so,
but was the worst salesperson I have ever met. He was sleazy and
ingratiating and yet didn't listen to what we were saying we wanted.
In the end he said he would better Appeal's price by 10%, whatever it
was. At that point I threw him out - I don't do business that way.

We also had problems with the Sanderson sales approach. We were informed in
no uncertain manner that we would have to conform to an appointment time
that was convenient for the salesman! This did not fill me with any
confidence with the customer focussed approach of Sandersons so I told them
how inconvenient I found their approach and told them not to bother.
--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(take out garbage to reply)